Troy Construction has a Quality Management function in place lead by a corporate Quality Director position that reports directly to senior leadership. The Quality Director is responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of a corporate Quality Management System (QMS) to be implemented across the Troy Construction Corporation focused on prevention of defects. The Quality Management System does not guarantee a flawless product or service, but provides a framework for maximizing the delivery of our products and services.
Some of the key benefits of implementing our QMS include…
- Confidence in meeting contractual and regulatory quality requirements (codified and demonstrated conformance)
- Reduction in costs of rework
- Increased production efficiencies (due to consistent “right-first-time” processes and work practices)
Development and rollout of updated Quality Management System elements continue underway with continuous improvements to our corporate Quality Manual and its supporting processes and procedures.
[accordion title=”Quality Culture”]
Troy Construction’s success in meeting quality requirements depends directly on each employee and sub-contractor’s attitude.
Troy Construction Management’s Commitment:
- Maintain an open door policy (focused on improving quality) where employees and sub-contractors are encouraged to report non-conformance without fear of unfair discipline or reprisals in conformance with our “Code of Ethics and Compliance”
- Provide necessary training, in procedures, equipment and resources to enable our employees and sub-contractors to meet quality requirements
- Employ professional quality staff committed to assisting and training our employees and sub-contractors in all corporate and project specific quality related policies, procedures, specifications and requirements
- Continually measure our success in our daily pursuit of ZERO non conformances and ZERO reject with a focus on prevention of defects
Employees Required Commitment:
- Maintain the attitude every day that we are each responsible for the quality of our own work
- Respectfully and professionally help others to assure the quality of their work
- Inform your direct supervisor of any work activity that you feel may not meet quality requirements
[accordion title=”Project Quality Control”]
Quality Management activities for projects are coordinated at the start of a project to identify the key inspections and tests to be performed for the project and to identify responsibilities for these tasks.
Projects are also supported by a team of corporate Quality Assurance professionals that report directly to the Quality Director for QC personnel coordination, procedure development, training, project quality auditing and technical support.